CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Hello

Hi Everyone. My name is Beckie Baker. I was inspired to write this blog because of my sister. I enjoy her blog so much I thought it would only be fair to return the favor. My goal is to post a new blog every time she does. She is my older sister and although we have had some "fights" I still love and care for her.


So here is a little about me. I am 26 years old (knocking on 27), but hey I have two more days so I still claim 26 for now. I have been married to Steve for six and a half years. We have been together for 9 years; yes I started dating him when I was 18. We have had our ups and downs but I love him and I could not imagine my life without him being in it. We are unable to have children so to make up for that we have two dogs. One is a Basset Hound named Samson and a Cocker Spaniel named Lazarus. Samson is loud and full of life. He loves to howl and attack his toys. He will protect me to no end and will not Steve kiss me. Lazarus' soul is that of a cat I have to push him to go outside and he is very stubborn. They are my children.
This picture is me 40 pounds heavier. The jeans from this picture are too big and the sweater is very bag now.
I love football (specifically Ohio State and the Seahawks), photography, swimming, traveling, and hiking. Steve and I have lived in Ohio, Arizona, and Washington. I currently work as a manager in a call center for a National bank and manage a team of 18 bankers. I care for all of the members of the team and I think of them of an extended family.

In 26 years I have been through a lot. Susan and I grew up in a very poor, abusive, and sometimes unloving home. We survived a lot and we learned to forgive our parents and we are still trying to overcome the hurt we lived through. I have had many personal struggles from weight, being legally blind (still able to see and drive), trust issues, and emotional balance. I try to find greatness in everything and I truly believe everything happens for a reason. I try not to hold grudges and I always try to do what is right. I am at peace with who I am and all the negative that can surround me.

You will find out more as we go, but I think we are good for tonight. Have a great day and remember You only have two choices in your life to either be happy or not.

1 comments:

Susan Lechuga said...

Welcome to blogworld. It can be very addictive and therapeautic! I love this place to vent or just say whats up. You will love it promise!