CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 5, 2009

Fat Ignorance

So Steve and I were having a good Friday morning we are almost done with the thing we have been working on, my team hit goal, and it was a sunny day out. Since we were out early Steve wanted to go to the donought shop. This is a rare visit because I do not eat donoughts and there is no point to go for one person. So I decided to get a donought, the first one in months and wouldn't you know there would be some ignorant person at the shop. As I was walking out with my coffee in one hand and the keys in another (Steve was holding a bag of 4 donoughts) a old guy got out of his 1960's truck. He mummbled something in our direction and without thinking I said what was that. He then asked Did you leave some for the rest of us? Without understanding what he said I said yes we did. He then said "Good Girl" one I hit the car, I turned around and said have a great day Asshole. Now I have lost 40 pounds but I have a lot more to go. One of the only times I cheat there had to be someone to catch me. Being fat is now the new target. It use to be on race, religion, or sexuality. Now being fat is looked at in a bad light. I wish people knew what the medical reasons are behind me being fat but it really is no ones business. Please just treat me like a human. I do not fit the stereotype of lazy, dumb, and/or depressed. I hike MOUNTAINS, exercise daily, eat right, work 50+ hours a week, my home is almost always clean, and have a MBA. The stereotype needs to be banished and we need to treat large people with dignity and respect. Anyway I rambled engough have a great.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky! You probly dont want to hear my opinion so if not you can just erase it. I agree with you being fat is always the target even if the argument has nothing to do with size. I also have serious health conditions that have kept my weight up and I have lost 19 pounds but also still have a LONG way to go. Anytime I have a problem with someone they always say that like I didnt know I was fat that day or something. I always have a clean house even with 3 kids, I do not work but as I said I care for 3 boys, walk all the time and attend church 4 times a week so I dont feel that I am lazy either. Take care Beck and happy new year.
Carrie