CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Have to share

I know I am on a budget and in the winter fruits and veggies are not fresh and too expensive. I really like fruits and veggies but I have a hard time eating them in the winter. An example is I bought a watermelon at a farmers market for $4 (a small one) when I got home it was rotten in the inside. The same thing happened to the cucumber. So this week I was on a mission to get my fruits and veggies in each day. I picked up some frozen pineapple ($2), frozen strawberries ($2), and some orange juice ($2.38). I made a morning smoothie with 1/2 cup pineapple, 3 strawberries, and a cup of orange juice. This is 4 servings of fruits and veggies. Let me say it is AWESOME. I add a little sweetner because the tartness can get overwhelming due to the orange juice. I am going to try to add frozen veggies next week. BTW I got 5 breakfasts for $6.38 so it is healthy and fits my budget. Just a thought to anyone looking to get healthier. I will share my tricks with you as I find them. I still have about 100 more pounds to lose but I will get there. Love you all.

0 comments: